When did faggot become a bad word?

I was called Faggot! I called my friends Faggot! Faggot was simply an insult and we were not offended.

Funny you should mention that. I called a co-worker friend faggot a few months ago and some FNG heard it. He reported it to the boss who in reality didn’t give a shit but had to sit me down for a “talk” anyway.

Oh dear, are we bored. You looking for certification to call out “faggot” whenever you like Joey??? Knock yourself out.

That is not it! I mean this is retarded!

Ummmmmm, I’m telling. You just said another insensitive word. :joy:

Insensitive word? Who cares who I offend! I have the right to offend as much as I get offended. Conservatives act like a bunch of pussies!

Ok, continue on…

Around the same time people started throwing around the term “white privilege” sure wish I had some of that!

You have got your timelines all wrong. It was around the time we started getting 8000+ genders.

When the left needed a new word to add to their vocabulary of disparaging and demeaning people.

Wonder if they can tie racism to faggot?

You guys are trying too hard to decode SJW logic. It’s best to let SJW logic stand on its own merits.

Conservatives do not say “oh dear”

http://www.akdart.com/libspeak.html

This may be helpful in translating the progressive language.

When faggots started lifting weights and beating the daylights out of overweight beer-guzzling redneck bigots.

Wew! @Dan just had his almonds activated. Dan. I want you to breathe. Just breathe. I can tell that you’re hyperventilating. Breathe.

When did that happen? I honestly dont care. I never associated faggot with gay anywho, it was just something we called each other. Bitch was another thing.

Watch Grandpa.

Well… just as with your social mores, words and meanings are subject to change. Sometimes words are borrowed from other cultures and applied here with completely different meanings, as with the word that you find perplexing.

In the UK and some other countries, the words queer, homo, and poof are much more common as pejorative terms for gay men. The word faggot in the UK typically refers to a kind of meatball, while fag is most commonly used as a slang term for “cigarette”.

ON that vegan diet of yours? Enjoy your homocysteine.

Ayyy, when the gays are empowered by being gay but no one can call them gay, when then blacks are empowered by being black but no one can call them black, when the Xs are empowered by being X but no one can call them Xs. Because if you call them gay, black, X, youre a homophobic, racist, sexist, islamaphobic, X-phobicist evil whyte male.