White House suspends press access for CNN's Jim Acosta. What took so long?

White House suspends press access for CNN’s Jim Acosta

By Joe Tacopino

November 7, 2018 | 8:16pm | Updated

Modal Trigger

Jim Acosta

Jim AcostaAFP/Getty Images

The White House suspended press access for Jim Acosta on Wednesday after the CNN reporter had a tense exchange with President Trump during a press conference.

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement that the administration will “never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman” — referring to a tussle for the microphone between Acosta and a White House intern.

“This conduct is absolutely unacceptable,” Sanders said in a statement.

“The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it‘s an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration.”

Acosta called the accusation “a lie.”

She added that Acosta’s pass was suspended until further notice.

President Trump had scolded the reporter earlier on Wednesday when he asked about the migrant caravan and the Russia investigation.

“I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN and if you did it well, your ratings would be much better,” Trump told Acosta.

He added: “That’s enough. That’s enough. That’s enough. That’s enough — put down the mic.”

A White House intern eventually grabbed the microphone away from Acosta.

The FAKE NEWS MEDIA

His big mistake here was getting physical with the girl that was demanding the microphone. That was her assigned job.

Of course liberals take his side and not a woman he laid his hands on.
He should be fired!

The problem is also respect for the office of the president which he confuses with the occupant.

Yes. The presidency.

ha, sucks to be him now.

watch CNN will make a big deal about this…

bye bye Jimbo

Acosta has been full of himself and overestimated his importance for some time now. He needed to be reminded it’s NOT all about him.

There is no graciousness in him whatsoever which is why he had no problem being a jerk to the young intern in regards to the mic. He should have just gone ahead and said “Don’t you know who I am?” because you know he was thinking it.

I really can’t stand grandstander Acosta. I was laughing when I saw the exchange and Trump’s reaction. Also when he took a question from another reporter (not sure who he was) Trump then said 'Im not particularly a fan of you either". :joy::joy::joy:

I really don’t like his "enemy of the people’ sctick that he uses, but I don’t blame him one bit for fighting back. Acosta is not a reporter, he’s a left wing activist. And I’m sure some legitimate reporters find his antics embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing, I thought it was terrible that Trump spent some time calling out defeated Rs by name and ridiculing them. He said Mia Love didn’t give him any love, so too bad for her. He mentioned a few others.

Very ungracious and classless. And it’s one of the reasons why I will never like the guy personally. I mean nearly everyone who loses an election is gracious to the winner, as well as the winner being gracious to his or her opponent. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

Trump has never played the politically correct game. Perhaps it’s why he has the support of many. He tends to call it as he sees it. He uses the tools well. He and his staff are masters at keeping the left unhinged with nonstop tweets. I do like that approach as he easily manipulates the left. As an independent, he was the lesser of 2 evils. The sad part is the lefts refusal to accept they had the only person on this earth that could lose to trump. Trump never won a primary. He did have the plurality but never the majority. He won by outlasting all contenders.

I wonder what happened to CNN. They were the premier go to news source for years however since Obama they have been nothing but the media source for the democrat party.

What took so long? Just to show how ridiculous they are.

Long overdue. The rude little punk should have been booted long ago.

Leting him get away with it for so long did nothing but make him even more desperate for attention and gave him the impression he was untouchable.

The WH press corps needs to learn once and for all they aren’t above the rules and not a single one of them has any right to be thee much less to harass or otherwise be rude to the POTUS or anyone in the administration.

They are supposed to simply ask questions, take down the answers, and report the news, not attempt to be the star of the show and making the news particularly making it all about themselves.

Good riddance.

She should have floored him and drug him out by his ankles.

When the press ceases to be “Free and Independent” They have become the enemy of the people.

Reporters are supposed to report, not make the news and not act as the propaganda wing of The Democrat Party.

I don’t get it. Do you really think Mia Love or anyone else called out by Trump is going to wilt like the wicked witch of the west when water was poured on… screaming “What a world! What a world!”?

psychologically damaged for life over what Trump said about them?

don’t think so…

I find it hilarious… I just absolutely ADORE how Trump tells the freaking truth… about the economy, about the Dems, about how he feels about … the losses u mentioned… He is totally right that the candidates who stood with him did better… I don’t know all the results yet, but Montana was one of the only ones he lost… and it wasn’t by much

I don’t u/stand why people don’t appreciate his transparency…

and then people gripe when a president is not transparent… :dizzy_face:

or make it about themselves

I totally agree w/ the “enemy of the people” accusation

The People obviously do not appreciate being LIED to… and that is all CNN does is LIE its ass off

msnbc, ditto and all the others. I rarely watch any of that… If i were stuck in a laudromat and that was the only news I could watch, i would hold my nose and watch… but heck, probably not for long…After , say, 5 minutes, I’d probably go over and put a chair before my dryer and watch my clothes dry instead

Dirty Donald cannot stand anyone who stands up to his loud mouthed lying bullying.So they release a carefully EDITED video to try to incriminate Acosta.More Dirty Donald lies.

More fake news… pooor falcooon

i find this excessively inaccurate…

and by the way, most people–not just Trump do not appreciate people like Acosta who couldn’t care les about actually asking valid questions

Only a classless jerk mocks losing candidates especially when its the same party. He’s glad they lost because they weren’t sufficiently ass kissers.

Trump cheered when Mark Sanford lost his primary. And on Tuesday his ruby red district flipped to the Dem.

So while some may love Trump’s disdain for political correctness don’t forget those losses added up to Nancy Pelosi resuming the speakers chair.