Your favorite quotes go here

I added my quote earlier in the thread. Sorry you missed it Wolf. Anything I can help you with.

When you see thousands upon thousands of fighting age men leaving their homelands declaring they are “refugees” fleeing wars when it is plain the women and children remained you have to ask the question - why did you not stay and fight for your homeland, your country, your way of life? I am reminded of this quote from JS Mill written in 1934 when men were different and protected their country / land / womenfolk. To walk away wasn’t an option.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice,—is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever-renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other.

John Stuart Mill (1806–73)

That reminds me of another quote: “If you don’t know the difference between ignorance and stupidity, then you are ignorant; if I explain to you the difference, and you still don’t know, then you are stupid.” [quote=“LouMan, post:1, topic:6736, full:true”]
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Benjamin Franklin
[/quote]

“There’s just so much that democrats know that just isn’t so.” - R. Reagan

“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is,”

B. Clinton

fe4b9a3d40224dff9c80e6bae167bef29b2596e2

Making up your own quotes now.

“If you haven’t got anything nice to say, come over here and sit by me.”

Eleanor Roosevelt.

“It’s not what we don’t know that gets us in trouble. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so” - Mark Twain.

I did not have sex with that womam Miss Lewinsky. WJC

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom… The subjection of individuals will increase amongst democratic nations, not only in the same proportion as their equality, but in the same proportion as their ignorance.

Alexis de Tocqueville

I like the rest of the quote: …it is it’s natural manure.